Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Retirement

After 30 years in the education field, I retired in June of 2010.  The decision was made after much deliberation and soul-searching and was not an easy one to make.  Several events encouraged me to take the plunge and I finally did it.

I was encouraged by the scripture that just "happened" to be on display at church every Sunday for months.

Isaiah 43:18-19
"Remember ye not the former things, neither consider the things of old.  Behold I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it?  I will even make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert."


I am looking forward to the "new thing" God is going to do in my life after retirement.  I am convinced that retirement is not a period, but a comma in my life.  I'm looking forward to many exciting things to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment