Thursday, September 8, 2011

Catch up

It's been awhile since I have posted - a lot has happened since March.  I've been through the valley and on the mountaintop - but mostly in the valley.  Thank God I have found that even the valley is higher ground than some of the places I have been in my life.  It is in the valley that God can refresh our soul and renew our spirit. 

Now onward and upward!!  Forgetting the past and looking forward to the future - I have a new goal!  Hiking the Appalachian Trail, baby!   It is something that I have often thought about in the past when my family occasionally crossed the AT on our camping adventures together.  It was brought back to my remembrance recently in a conversation with a friend who had been hiking and I thought "Why not?  It's now or never!"

So - we got right busy and began to plan our first trip - my hubby and I.  We have started our training, walking with our hiking boots on with our loaded backpacks - man, do we ever look funny to our neighbors, I'm sure. 
The first day - slow and WOE!
Second day - slow and MOE! I'm SOE!
Each day a little more until we can take off and GO!

We even have our trail names, since I have been studying how to do this and found out that people typically do not use their real name on the trail but choose something that is appropriate for them.

He's "Wait-up" and I'm "Catch-up"  ha ha, cause that's what we say to each other as he is walking 3 feet in front of me! 

This adventure will be good for us in many ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment